“Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world" Lucille Ball
True power is realising that you are your hero, mentor, coach and cheerleader and that to receive love, you have to give love. I believe one cannot pour from an empty cup. If there is one thing I have learnt: love is the key to every door in one’s life. This year I want us to focus on “philautia” (self-love).
We cannot give others something we don’t have. To receive love in abundance, we ought to completely love ourselves and love others the same way. I wrote this sometime in 2018 and i read it this morning and thought to share with you the traits of this love I want in my life.
- That kind of love that says, pick yourself up every time you fall and come back 70times stronger.
- That kind of love that’s not afraid to walk away from negativity and toxicity.
- That kind of love that makes ones stronger such that they aren’t afraid to be alone, they are their hero.
- The kind of love that tells you; yes you can do it, go for it, forget what people think or say, just believe in yourself.
- That kind of love that doesn’t settle, that kind of love that sets standards and principles, sticks to them and settles for nothing but the best.
- That kind of love that chases happiness, finds it and shares it with those around it.
- The love that stays humble, loves others, helps others and seeks to inspire others selflessly.
- The fearless love, that’s bold, that’s confidence and the kind of love that freely seeks adventure and the love that lives in the moment and embraces the current.
- The kind of love that’s authentic, open-minded, that forgives and that’s confident.
- The love that knows and understands that the body is a manifestation of consciousness. The love that loves the body its in, embraces it and takes care of it without compromise.
That’s the love I’m chasing, focusing on and will attract. That’s the love I know I deserve, the love I need before anything else. The love I want to see manifest in my life. That LOVE IS SELF LOVE. The Buddha said, you, yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection. Let’s focus more on this part and type of LOVE, and see our lives change for the better as we see this love dominate our lives.
Attract, speak, dream, spread, shout, long for and manifest LOVE.
Love Gamu Zelda